Monday, January 31, 2011

Calm Before the Storm

My life is just getting back to normal. Bill was home from school for 3 days with the flu. We both had flu shots in October, but the doctor said that Bill had picked up a new strain. I have been fine and continued teaching.

Friday and Saturday were both gorgeous days. I wrote the following poem while monitoring a comprehensive exam.

Ode to Weather

It's warm today, The weather's grand,
Birds are singing, I want a tan.
Has winter gone, And spring arrived?
No, I live in Oklahoma where everyday's a surprise!

Today, we are preparing for the worst storm of the season. Up to 10 inches of ice and snow are predicted in some areas. I have been as busy as the squirrels. I bought batteries for the storm lamp and weather radio, made potatoe salad, prepared the Hickory Farms summer sausage and cheese in case the power is off for several days. I made tapioca pudding for the first time in years! Storms are like mini vacations for me because we stay home from work and play scrabble or Mexican train and read.

While Noel was in California, David took lots of pictures on his new camera. Galen downloaded them and sent them to Noel's computer. Noel had them processed at Wal-Green's in Shawnee and called me to pick them up. I bought a small album for Mom and got copies made for myself. Everyone is extremely happy!

I encouraged Bill to stay home on Sunday because the weather was cold. I was surprised to have 10 students when I arrived. However, my Saudi student came dragging in 10 minutes late and brought 5 OBU girls with him!! (17 people) They were all very pretty and contributed to the lesson. We discussed "A Life of Meditation and Prayer". My Saudi student shared how his country stops for prayer 5 times a day. Some Christians have trouble praying at mealtime.

I have been following the crisis in Egypt closely. I think all Christians who follow Bible prophesy closely are in amazement. We know the end of the story, and it is exciting to watch scriptures unfold. That's why I don't put my faith in Republicans or Democrats. I know that God is completely in charge and all history has a domino effect. I just came to realize how World War II set the stage for the birth of Israel, and the whole world has focused on that tiny nation from the time Christ was born until now. Israel will suffer, but it will never be destroyed! The world stage is also being set for the 666. The United States is losing its power, and the technology has been invented. People who cannot see this are as spiritually blind as in the days of Noah. I do not live a life of fear, but one of faith. It's exciting to know how the story ends and couldn't be happier! How about you?

No comments: