Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thank You!

This has been a busy week, and I have not had time to thank you all for making my birthday so wonderful! Phone calls from Kirk, Keri, Kelli, David, Galen, Noel, Mom, and Sherry made me feel so loved. Since many of these calls came from states outside Oklahoma, the time differences made it inconvenient for some of you to call, yet you DID! My granddaughter, Selah, was so excited when she talked to me. She said, "Gramma, guess what? It's your birthday!" Thank you all again for the calls and cards!

When I arrived at school on Monday morning, there was a fresh baked apple pie on my desk with several cards and gifts. Our director, Sandra Bradley had baked it for me! I shared it at lunch time with my fellow teachers.

Bill has been fighting a bug all week. Last night it finally got him with a vengence. I took his Verbal Skills class before teaching my own schedule today. After school, I had to shop for my mother who is hosting a birthday party for a friend tomorrow. When delivering the food, Mom gave me a cross necklace with a purple amythyst which she thought was my birthstone. I felt so bad when she wanted me to confirm the color. I had to tell her that mine is garnett. She kept the necklace and gave me some other gifts. Oh well, love is most important.

We listened to Obama's State of the Union address. Sounds great if we have the money.......

My birthday week is almost finished. I'm so thankful to God for giving me everlasting life.

No comments: