Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday with Snow Flurries

The first snow flurries of the winter came down as Bill and I ate lunch at KFC after church today. We went there so that we could get a box to take to Mom. She has suffered from a sinus infection all week. Yesterday, I called Roger to see how restricted diabetics are in taking certain medications. Mom seems to be doing better today after giving her some of my Night Time medicine. That alcohol has a kick, and puts one to sleep!

There were 15 in my Bible Study Class. They are such a lively group and keep me laughing for an hour! Our lesson today was on acquiring humility as described by Paul in letters to the early Christians. Two of our Saudi students attended. I am so amazed that they keep coming back! In our worship service, we enjoyed 3 guitars/drum and piano arrangement of "There Shall Be Showers of Blessings". One of the guitarist is a black fellow who has been coming for several months. I'm glad to see Shawnee becoming color blind.

Speaking of color, my son Kirk is helping after a storm on the island of St. Vincent this week. When he was 3 years old, Kirk came home from pre-school crying because he wasn't black like the other children in St. Vincent. He couldn't change his skin, but Kirk can dance and sing like any Black person. There are videos to prove it. Smile!! Now, God is using Kirk in a powerful way to help his brothers in the Caribbean islands. We're praying for you, Kirk!

Yesterday, I felt like I had conquered my cold! Bill helped me take down our tree and store it for another year. Each ornament reminded me of a person or someplace we have traveled. One of the storage boxes is addressed from Mom and Dad while Dad pastored in Germany for six years. Another box is addressed to Japan for our first Christmas in Tokyo.

After taking Mom some soup and some fruit, Bill and I shopped for cell phone chargers for the car, and a snow shovel in the afternoon. Then, we headed to the Hornbeck to see "Unstoppable" with Denzel Washington for $1.50 each. Such a nice theater for the price!!!

The director of our school, Tony Terry, resigned for personal reasons. Our very good friend, Sandra Bradley, took his place. She is wonderful! Last Friday, we were all given individual written evaluations by Tony. Bill and I were surprised to see pink slips which said that we had both been given a raise in pay!! In this economy, I always thank God! And, I look forward to working with Sandra! She's a giggler!

No comments: