Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Week

I'm amazed at how busy my weeks continue to be! Nothing boring about my life! Every month I have new students and that keeps me on my toes. This session I'm teaching 106 grammar and have another student who is fresh off the plane. So, I go from teaching the 12 verb tenses in the morning to drawing stick pictures on the whiteboard in the afternoon. That's a challenge, but so rewarding to see the improvement in each student! Recently, I had a chat with one of my Saudi students about Libya. Very interesting!

I went to my routine doctor's appointment last Thursday. I feel grateful and humbled that my health is extremely good for now. Bill and I started back to the fitness center. The water was refreshing and it felt good to be swimming again. Our trainer, Lance, is still at Seminole State studying to be a nurse. He had been to New Zealand, so we enjoyed talking about places we both had seen there and in Australia, as well. The recent earthquake is a tragedy!

I'm not very optimistic about the American economy. We have a generation that does not respect authority and has been given whatever makes them happy. I recently heard a fellow in his twenties say that all workers should have the right to come and go to a job as they please, and tell the boss how the work is going to be done! Actually, I have heard 3 year olds telling their parents how life is going to be, and getting away with it. No wonder America has chaos! I was reminded that democracy cannot work without responsibility, rules and mutual respect.

No comments: