Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Home Again from Springfield

Bill, Mom and I returned home Sunday evening. We taught classes on Monday morning, so it has been a busy time. We checked the mail, bought groceries, refilled the car with gas and other mundane activities.

We hated to leave Noel because he was not doing well. He had his worst spell on Saturday evening. He said his heart was pounding so hard that he wanted to ask Janice to call 911, but the pain was so bad he couldn't speak. He could only pray. Sunday morning he was much better but still weak. Mom and Janice stayed home with him while Bill and I took Mark to church. We attended Ridgecrest Baptist Church on Republic Avenue. It has 4,000 members. The 41 voice choir is going on a mission trip to Greece. The pastor spoke about death. The one thing that I will remember from his sermon is that this life presents many trials and challenges. Christians must wait for the promises of heaven. We are restless, unfulfilled, and always looking for complete peace. No person or event can fill that need. Only heaven can give us that complete peace, and we have to wait for it. We hate to hear that we have to wait for anything. We live in a society that says we should have everything we want now. We are spoiled brats, and have forgotten that patience is a virtue that yields sweet fruit.

I will write more later. I must teach my classes this moring. This has been a difficult session, but God is giving me the power and strength to endure these students without losing my temper (too much). Smile!

No comments: