Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring/Medallions/and More

The week had been warm and lovely, however our weekend turned cold and damp. Such is spring in Oklahoma. In fact, I noted that it may get down to freezing at night before March is finished. Therefore, I decided to wait another week before buying my garden supplies and plants. I was really excited to see that my roses lived through the winter and have sprouted some green leaves. Yeah! Also, Bill mowed the lawn for the first time last week. It looks really nice! Saturday, Bill and I went shopping. Many years ago, I bought him a sterling silver chain with a medallion which he lost in one of our moves. This week he told me how much he has mourned the loss of that chain. So, we went to the LivingWord Bookstore and looked for a new one. We found a new chain with a medallion that is beautiful! It is a gold cross with a small sword attached to the middle of the cross. Since Bill collects swords from other countries, it attracted him immediately. He said he wanted to wear it everyday on the inside of his shirt to remind him of his committment to God and me. I was touched! I had 14 again in my Bible Study Class. Isaiah, my student from Brazil was bursting with good news. He has found a sponser so that he can stay in the States. He and his American wife were given a new washer and dryer, and a new kingsize bed. They are so grateful to their new church friends. The lesson was about keeping our faith during difficult times. I related the message that we heard while attending Ridgecrest Baptist Church in Springfield. I had heard from many people that Christians have contentment and peace. I knew that wasn't always true. In fact, we have restless hearts and know that there is something missing. It made perfect sense to me when I realized that what is missing is heaven itself! We will have tears and pain as long as we are on this earth. We don't want to wait, but we must wait for heaven. "They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings of the eagle." My brother, David, sent us an email with the picture of his new book cover. It is very classy! The title is, "The Chipotle Ritual". It is just now being printed. He said he would send us a pre-copy to read. I can't wait!

No comments: