Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break from School

Yeah! Spring Break is finally here. Bill and I are going to spend some time in Branson before going to Noel's. We will get Mom and bring her home. I talked to Mom last evening. She told me this story. Janice's brother, Dwayne, bought two luxery homes in Nixa. (Bill and I toured one of them. It had a movie theater, gym and beauty salon.) Dwayne had a real estate agent rent out one of the homes while he is on business overseas. It seems that the new renter was busted in a drug sting this week. The real estate agent feels terrible! The whole thing was on the local news.

I had my own "hell" this past week. Two of my students told the director that I was a bad grammar teacher and they wanted to change classes. I have never had a complaint in all my years of teaching, so I was floored! The director spent time in my class to establish that I know my material and am a good instructor. I learned from another teacher that the students involved had spoken to her and they wanted to change classes because there were cute girls in the other class. Isn't that typical! I had been praying and thanked God when it was finally sorted out.

I read several articles about the nuclear power plants in Japan. The explosions concern me. I'll be anxious to see how our government reacts to this news. We can't drill, we can't have power plants, we can't have clean coal, and wind machines can't provide enough energy quickly. What is the answer? I'm glad I don't put my faith in the Dems or the Rep.

No comments: