Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Events

The last few days have been a whirlwind of activity. Sunday morning, I taught my Bible Study Class. The lesson was concerned with the grieving process which we all go through after losing someone we love. I really asked God to help me teach that lesson because I knew that I had a man attending for the first time who lost his wife and daughter one year apart. There were 17 people in attendance. After we had discussed the topic for about 10 minutes, I asked my friend Sherry to sing the song that she had sung in worship 2 weeks prior. The words say something like this -----one by one He took everything from me, until I was empty and He could fill me again with His love. As Sherry sat in her seat and sang quietly, I could hear the tears in the class as we all thought about people we have loved and lost. Not all losses are through death. Easter choir practice went very well. We will sing on Palm Sunday. Sunday evening, we attended Butch Bradley's ordination service at Wallace Ave. Baptist Church in Shawnee. Butch has been my banker and was a FDIC examiner for several branches. His mother was our county treasurer until she retired last year. Butch is 41 years old and is excited about his decision to be a pastor. He graduated from OBU and took seminary courses but wandered away from God for a time. He feels a real concern for college kids because they are trying so hard to be intellectual and find a reason to live life their own way without accountability. Yesterday, Bill and I traveled to Edmond with 7 other teachers. The TLC in Edmond is on the Oklahoma Central University campus. We spent the day learning about new technology in the classroom. I did get excited about a new portable whiteboard that is used with the TV screen. It's back to class this morning. After class I have to swim and do some gardening.

No comments: