Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Celebration

God certainly answered our prayers for rain this weekend. We had a tornado warning on Friday evening. I do what is necessary for safety, but I never really get in a dither because one is so powerless in those situations. Bill was pulling me away from the kithen window because I was enjoying watching the hail . It looked like popcorn dancing. I guess Toyotas have hard finishes on them because we haven't found any dings from the storm.

We had torrential rain all day Easter Sunday. In spite of the downpour, I had 18 in Bible Study class which followed our 9 a.m. choir rehearsal. Isaiah shared that his father always bought a 36 inch chocolate bunny for him and his family in Brazil on Easter. It was filled with more cahendy and small toys. Sue shared that she grew up in a legalistic churh that did not celebrate Easter at all. Tears welled up in her eyes. Pete shared that since he left the Catholic Church and learned what it meant to really know God, everyday has been Easter for him. Wow!

Our worship service was powerful. Lori Edwards signed to a song I had never heard. In the lyrics , God says, "My love, rise up. I have conquered the grave." The Spirit of God came down and the entire congregation rose to their feet and began clapping. I have never seen anything like it before!!! Lori just kept signing to the music. It was beautiful! When she finished, our choir sang the musical, "Hallelujah, Praise the Lamb". My favorite song in the musical was, "No More Night". The words continue, "no more pain. No more crying again."

After church, Mom and her friend, Shirley joined us for lunch. I had made potatoe salad and baked a cherry pie on Saturday. Before church, I put a ham in the oven and tossed a salad. Mom brought a fruit salad and a sugar free banana-strawberry pie. I had invited Uncle Johnie but his church was having a dinner. It was a blessed Easter, and life is wonderful when you can celebrate it with family and friends.

No comments: