Saturday, November 1, 2008



It has been an interesting week since I posted my last blog. Last Sunday, my adult Bible study class was great! I'm really just a facilitator because everyone contributes so much. During the worship service, Pastor Larry spoke about people in our world not wanting to acknowledge the concept of "sin" and therefore very few people really have any values and think mostly about serving themselves. It's much easier to be passe than to stand for something that might possibly take sacrifice. You could feel the Spirit of God and many people were crying. I had not been in a service like that since I listened to my Dad preach. After church, I directed the 20 member Christmas choir practice while Sue played the piano. I met Marilee, a drama coach, who wants to portray the music. Her sidekick, Margaret, has a shop and wants to make the costumes. I said, "Go for it!" After practice, I headed to Cracker Barrel with 3 friends.

On Monday, after teaching my English classes, Sherry and I went to Praise Band practice. We have a drummer, electric guitar, piano and 5 singers. The youngest member of the band is about 45 years old, but we are good!! 'S' The students at the Shawnee English Institute had a Halloween party on Wednesday. They decorated pumpkins and came in costume. Saud was a mad scientist with a blood spattered lab coat and a huge syringe. His curly hair was gelled straight up. So funny! Friday, was graduation for two of our Japanese students.

Sometimes I feel lonely because I'm going through the season by myself. Bill called last night and he is very ready to come home! He is staying busy going to museums, the Raffles Hotel, and eating ethnic foods when he's not teaching. He also said that he had bought me a Christmas present. I'm curious because he always buys me things that are first class! He reminded me of the two vacations we spent together in Singapore. Lately, I have been reading, "In Defense of Israel" by John Hagee, and today I want to go the theater and watch a movie. I haven't decided which one. To be continued next Saturday! The Bible says that God chooses kings and rulers so I'm not going to get tied in knots if my candidates do not win the election. There is a plan that is bigger than mine!

No comments: