Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday, November 15, 2008

My week began with mundane activities such as getting my nails done, paying house taxes for the year, and wrapping presents. Then, on Monday evening Ian and Phyllis came over and helped me put lights on the Christmas tree. It was shimmering when we finished! I was so glad to have the tree up because I had planned a dinner for 7 people on Thursday. My cousins from Little Rock were my special guests. What I didn't realize was that Vic and Ruth were driving from So. Dakota to watch their son coach a track meet at OSU. That meant that more family wanted to come to the dinner. I ended up making sloppy joes and pumpkin crunch for 18 people! Everyone had fun, and the house looked perfect when they left!

After hosting the party on Thursday, teaching on Friday seemed like a vacation. My student, Fahhad, is really progressing. I can tell he's become comfortable with me and English because he's started to joke and loves to tease me. I just dish it back!

Today, Sun and I drove to Edmond to see Jain and Chuk who are both students at UCO. I was lost for awhile, but eventually found the campus. We had lunch at the China Palace which was nearby. Then, we visited as I drove them all back to Sun's apartment on the OBU campus in Shawnee. Another friend from SEI offered to drive them back to Edmond. I feel like a Mom to all of my former students and am so proud to see them doing well in an American university now! They all told me how much finding the power of God in their lives had meant to them. They are active in college Bible study groups and still making "A" grades! I told them that aside from the eteranl hope they have, the power they have NOW is what it is all about! No one can argue away our personal experience. Sadly, some people never reach that mature level in their spiritual lives, and have no idea what we are talking about. Tomorrow is another Bible study on Faith Equals Thanksgiving. I do thank God for helping me direct the choir until Bill returns, and for any other challenges that come my way this next week! Hebrew 11:1

No comments: