Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday, November 8th

Wow! The colors of the trees are awesome this year! Having grown up in So. California, I really like the change of seasons in Oklahoma. Change is the buzz word this year. I noticed that many people are expecting Obama to be their new Messiah. Change has to come from the hearts of the American people, as well. It is the weakness of humans to want other people to do the changing. My good friend, Shane Jett, won again as Rep. from my district. Go, Shane!

Sofia had her 4th birthday on Nov. 6th. On this important date I thank God for saving Keri's life. I made an emergency flight from Yokohama when I learned that the doctors were taking the baby a month early and fighting for Keri's life. She had HELP syndrome and needed a complete blood transfusion. The doctor told Kevin to activate the prayer chain!! At the time, Keri was an admin. asst. for Cal Baptist Univ. and thousands were praying! God listened!

Jason lost 4 windows in the storm this week, but the lightning show was fantastic!

I still love teaching English at SEI! This week, the SS lesson I'm teaching is, "No Faith, No Thanksgiving". I am so glad that Bill will be back soon to direct the Christmas choir . I'd rather play piano! The movie I saw - "Beverly Hills Chihuahua". Funny and cute! This week, I'll host a dinner to honor my cousin, Sharon, from Arkansas.

Check out www.TheVisionPlusChurch.com and shecklers.blogspot.com (Keri).

2 comments:

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

Glad your are blogging. Next is adding pictures.:)

Anonymous said...

Marti- It is so good to be able to follow your life from your blog.
D.