Monday, November 10, 2008

November 9, 2008

The week ahead looks exceptionally busy, so I am going to write this morning. I'm teaching every afternoon this SEI session, but I was called in last week to sub in the mornings for a sick colleague. Fortunately, she was giving tests. Yesterday, I received an email from a former student who is setting up a martial arts studio in Los Angeles. I realized that it is students like him who keep me teaching. My life is worth living if I can make a difference in this world. Our youth pastor, David Jordan, gave the message yesterday. He reminded us that when we share the Gospel, it is "one beggar telling another beggar where to find bread." I keep a California license plate on my desk. It says, "Not Perfect, Just Forgiven".

Tonight, Ian and Phyllis are coming over for dinner and will help me put up my Christmas tree. It's 7 ft. tall, so I can't reach the top and put on the lights properly. I have 12 guests coming for dinner on Thurs. evening. Family from Shawnee, Norman, Little Rock and So. Dakota, will be here. Then, on Saturday, I will drive to Edmond to pick up former Korean students, Jain and Chuk. I'll drive them back on Sun. afternoon after Christmas choir practice.

Bill called again this weekend. He is missing me and Oklahoma. I teased him, and said that if he didn't get back here soon, I was going to get a new boyfriend. The holidays make me feel romantic! I love the music, the candles, cooking for friends, and giving gifts from my heart. I can't imagine no Christmas. God is Love!

No comments: