Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November 26, 2008

My Favorite Thanksgiving!

My first daughter, Keri, was born on September 28, 1969. I loved her so much that I didn't think I could love another baby. When Keri was 5 months old I discovered that I was going to have another baby. It was a complete surprise because I thought I knew how to prevent that from happening. It was suggested to me that I could have an abortion. However, my family assured me that I would have their support. On Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 1970, God gave me another beautiful daughter, Kelli Brooke. Kelli is petite with huge brown eyes. Her gentle smile and soft voice has made it's mark in the world of Christian journalism. As well as being writer/editor for Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, she leads seminars for Baptist Press in Nashville, and is a freelance ghost writer for people like Rick Warren. God knew exactly what he was doing when he created that baby girl and gave us all a gift to be thankful for on that Thanksgiving Day in 1970!

No comments: