Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday, November 21, 2008

Oklahoma weather is so interesting! One day it is 75 degrees, and the next day it is 45! As I was driving to work I enjoyed the crisp air, a flock of birds flying over golden trees, and mist rising from the fields. Seasons come and go in such an orderly fashion. It's a miracle to me!

I saw another little miracle this week. My former student, Linglu (an economics professor from Taiwan) gave birth to her first baby, Kimberly. I went to the hospital to welcome this tiny black-haired doll!

It has been a miracle week. Fahhad (17 yrs. old) is learning to read English, and actually wrote 4 pages of present progressive answers in his textbook. He made me laugh when he stood up and said, "I love you, teacher. I love America!"

I did some shopping for my mother last evening, and took dinner from Taco Mayo to her apartment to share. Her health is rebounding and she looked pretty. Next Thursday morning I'm driving her to Noel's home in Springfield for Thanksgiving. We'll come back on Sun. afternoon.

Bill hates missing Thanksgiving, but will return home a few days later on Dec. 3. He will change planes in Tokyo and Minneapolis. Today, he is hiking in the rainforest with his SS class.

Speaking of Bible study class. I will be teaching a lesson on patience. I realized that without Patience you cannot have Faith. Faith produces Thanksgiving. Our generation is faithless because they can't wait for God to act. We have grown up in an "instant" environment. If God doesn't do things exactly as requested ---then He doesn't exist. Patience is a discipline that is developed and has great rewards from God. What will happen next week? I must wait and see!

No comments: