Friday, July 10, 2009

Daily Events and Goals for the Weekend

Okay, okay, you guys! Now that Bill has sent all of his Amazon pics via email, I will put up my picture this weekend. I am also taking the car to the dealer on Saturday for it's annual check-up before driving to Michigan. Last year, they looked it over and said nothing had to be done. I was in shock, but my checkbook was happy! I do know that my tire pressure light has come on due to the extreme heat.

Yesterday, I had my blood drawn at the lab, and then saw my doctor. He had just gotten back from Italy and was in a very playful mood. While the nurse was weighing me, he came in and stuck his foot on the scales. He loved watching my reaction! Before I left his office, he showed me pics of his vacation. They made me want to go back to Venice.

Yesterday was my day! I heard from friends after a long silence. Lee called from Vancouver, B.C. We taught together at Triple C School in Grand Cayman for 4 years. Her husband was the school business manager. Lee and Lloyd want us to come next summer and dust off the Rook cards. They said they had just endured the coldest winter! Grand Rapids and Chicago also had a chilly July 4th this year.

I've been re-reading "What In the World Is Going On" by Dr. David Jeremiah. I'm just amazed because I have been told since I was a small child that all of this would happen. I just didn't think it would happen in my lifetime! It seems that the people who do not believe the Bible to be true are the very people who are making the prophecies unfold. The Bible said it would be as in the days of Noah. The people made fun of him, said he was crazy, and concentrated on having wild fun. They wouldn't listen, and it broke Noah's heart!!!

No comments: