Friday, July 3, 2009

Lazy Summer Day

When class was over yesterday, I quietly celebrated! Bill and I went to the pool. One of the ladies had brought some classics and I found myself exercising to "The Flight of the Bumblebee". After the swim, we were planning to go to the Arrow Cafe, but it was closed, so we went next door to Subway and brought home Black Forest ham and vegie sandwiches.

I had a realization last evening when I was checking my tomatoe plants and saw the tiny little fruit turning red. I had cherry tomatoes! They were mislabeled! Wow! I ate one this morning and danced in my backyard with excitement. My confidence returned. I really could grow something! Even my yellow and peach colored roses have new buds! I learned that roses love my banana peels!

I spent today moving matured IRA accounts to banks with higher earnings, and making potatoe salad and key lime pie for our July 4th party tomorrow evening. The park behind our house always has incredible fireworks! While cooking, I listened to new CDs that I bought two weeks ago. When I like something, I usually buy one for myself and one for a friend.

Tonight, we are going to the Hornbeck to watch "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past". Bill thinks it will be a hoot. We'll see!

No comments: