Friday, July 17, 2009

Just Coolin'

I haven't felt this lazy in a very long time! I've watched Wheel of Fortune, flipped between CNN and Fox, and slept! Yesterday, I washed my hair, put on a new gown and put on some lip gloss. I returned to the world! Today, I'm going to pack for Michigan. At least I'm not going to the Amazon. If I forget something, I can go to Wal-Mart. This morning, I called Shirley and she is helping me plan a birthday dinner for Mom at our house. Mom will be 86 years old on August 16th. Shirley is sooo excited! She's giving invitations to Mom's Bible study class.

Galen called to say that he and Sondra made it back to CA okay. Kelli called during a work break. The VP for Baptist Press told her about a writing position in CA, but isn't sure where it will lead. I told Kelli how blessed she is to have a successful writing career. Many women stay in bad marriages because they are afraid of a loss of lifestyle. I was reminded that we all make choices. We can stay down on the ground and let someone control our every move, or ---- we can remember just how special God made us to be and fly like an eagle! Kelli is my petite quiet child with gigantic brown eyes. No one, but God, knew that she would be interviewing men like President Obama and taking pictures of Billy Graham! God uses the most humble.

No comments: