Thursday, July 2, 2009

Family Happenings

A week ago I was talking to my nephew, David and his wife, Charity at Mom's apartment. They shared that they were going to have another baby in December. When they returned to California, they learned that it will be TWINS! David is a Riverside Sheriff, and Charity teaches 5th grade.

Kelli and the kids made it back to Grand Rapids, Michigan will no problems. Kelli is back at work at Cornerstone University. Caleb is at basketball camp, and Hannah is in children's theater.

Noel and Janice are on their way home from Mayo Clinic. I talked to Noel last night on the phone. They tweeked his pace maker, and he will go into St. John's Hospital in Springfield for 3 days to try a new medication. His adrenoline gland is overactive and may be the cause of the pounding heart beats. Noel praised Mayo Clinic. He said it looks and feels like a 5 star hotel. People play baby grand pianos in the lobby areas. I can't help but wonder if such a place will exist in 5 years???

Galen and Sondra left Shawnee yesterday morning to travel to Tennesse to visit with friends, and then drive up to Boston. Sondra is enjoying her retirement! They will come back through Shawnee on their way back to California.

I was assigned Reading and Writing 106 this session at SEI. That means I am teaching the John Grisham book, "The Client" again. It seemed fitting that I received a letter on Monday to be on JURY DUTY beginning July 13th. I'm hoping to be dismissed since we plan to go to Michigan the next week.

I had no idea that Steve (Noel's son) was following my blog. We received a post card that he mailed from California this week. Steve drives for Schneider Trucking Co. Steve, be careful out there!! Stop by to see us on your way back to Springfield sometime.

No comments: