Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grounded!

Subs had been hired to take my place at SEI for Monday and Tuesday since no one knew for sure how long my jury duty would take. So, I spent Tuesday getting our insurance changed and going to the Tag Agency for the new car. That evening, I felt weak and had no appetite. (It must have been the Okla. excise tax on the new car! Smile.) I became more ill as the night wore on. I'm a polio survivor, so Bill knew the drill. He drove me to emergency to get an injection in my hip. I feel like I've been in a coma for the past 2 days. I know that I've been pushing it for the past few months without taking any real time off. I guess God stepped in and said, "That's enough!" I'm off for the rest of the week. We are suppose to leave for Michigan on Saturday, the 18th for 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to just sitting on the deck and watching the boats and the ducks. Bill's brother, Dr. Jim, is flying up from Florida to spend a few days with us. We'll stop and see Noel and Janice on the way North, and then check on Noel again on our way back to Oklahoma. I learned that my brother, Roger, didn't come to the PowWow this year because he's saving his pennies to take Julie on an Alaskan cruise this fall. I guess Julie doesn't get pampered enough on their 40 ft. sailboat. I don't blame you, Julie. Go to the boat spa and relax!

Kirk is a hoot! He sent pictures of himself wrestling with Pastor Vince. Kirk is Youth Pastor at SetFree in Yucaipa, California. This summer they have had Christian rock concerts, and now this wrestling match. Kirk said he refused to wear the spandex! Ha!

No comments: