Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 17, 2009

I have a few minutes before I go to SEI and teach my 4 classes today. I'm enjoying teaching "Lorna Doone". I use to think she was just a cookie! I'm also teaching advanced composition and beginning composition. I learn so much about my students in the process!

Sondra called me Sunday evening to thank us for the Hugs Bouquet. She said that Galen had developed an infection during surgery and would have to stay in ICU a bit longer. I'm hoping that by today he is better and will be able to go to rehab. Jason is back in Shawnee, and will be moving into his new home this weekend. It's a beauty!!

Bill and I ate at the new Bamboo Gardens in Tecumseh. We really liked it! We have been amazed at how Tecumseh has changed into an artsy little community just in the last year. We have newly paved streets, new cobblestone sidewalks, new gas lamps on the street, and 3 new restaurants. Several new gift shops have gone in as well. We just read that we are getting a new MacDonald's. Wow!! Who knows? We may have to get another stoplight!

Sunday was a very good day. I taught the 5 love languages by Gary Chapman in my Bible study class. It was new to most of those who attended. Pastor Larry gave a message on James 3. It is a warning against the misuse of our tongues. Without the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives, many of us have a difficult time controlling our tongues. After the service, we told at least 3 people how much they mean to us - and why. The warm fellowship of our church is a very rare experience. We need to express our love for others so much more, and stop the judging and revenge. Of course, as Dad use to say, "Some people are best loved from a distance."

No comments: