Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday, February 23, 2009


After a busy weekend, this has been my first chance to be at the computer. As I mentioned before, Bill is teaching two on-line classes this session and I grab the computer when I can. It seems that I have much to talk to God about these days. I was sorry to hear that Danny's father has been in the hospital! Galen called me during lunch yesterday. He had received a card from Danny and was touched by his thoughtfulness. Galen is feeling better, and is hoping that the doctors will let him go home this week. I think he was starting to feel the restriction's of his health because it was Sondra's birthday, and he was not out with the family celebrating. Sondra is considering taking an early retirement and moving to OK sooner than planned. That would be great!

Last Friday, I went to the doctor for a skin scan. A few months ago. Dr. Smith did a fantastic job of removing a small growth from my forehead. There isn't even a scar left! He checked me from my head to my feet, and gave me a thumbs up! I was finished in time to get to my class at SEI. That evening, we took Mom out for dinner. The Arrow Cafe on Hwy 9 re-opened after a make-over.

Saturday, Bill and I took advantage of sales at Shawnee Mall. I bought a new leather bag and several Van Huesen shirts for half price. Earlier in the day, practiced for a piano solo at church. It was a medley of "I Bow Down" and "Holy, Holy, Holy". I knew that I was going to play the offertory and for the choir practice, but----I didn't know that Sue was going to have the flu and I would be playing for the entire service! I did some talking to God because that is a lot of pressure after teaching a Bible study class. God came through for me. The music was all familiar. We sang, "Blessed Assurance", "Victory in Jesus", and "It is Well with my Soul". It really sounded nice with drums and guitar. Gayla plays the drumset, and her teenage son plays an African drum. I think he said it is called a jimson. I'll have to check again.

The Bible study lesson was about how to pray for others. In John 17, Jesus shows us how much he loves us by asking the Father to protect us. I feel so helpless at times to show people how much I care about them. At those times, I just talk to God and ask him to do what I can't.

I have to go to school now, but in my next blog I want to share something I just read about the blessing of natural disaster - from a scientific viewpoint.

No comments: