Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday, February 9, 2009

Peace that passes all understanding!

Satuday morning was sunny and warm. It felt like the beginning of spring. Bill and I had lunch at St. Benedict's Market, and then drove through the country to Shawnee Twin Lakes. That evening, the phone rang. Kelli was crying and told me that she and David were divorcing after 15 years. It seems that the entire family had a similar response....."Why did it take you so long to get the courage?" Kelli is a beautiful, talented writer, and we know without any doubt that God is going to take care of His child!! Sunday morning was equally beautiful. There were 14 people in my adult Bible Study class. I continue to be humbled that people choose my class because Dr. Mike teaches another adult class in the auditorium. The morning worship highlighted the people (20) who have committed to going on mission trips this year. Most of the people are sacrificing to go to Brazil, Malawi, and India in order to take food and medicines. After church, we had our first Easter choir practice. It went well. On Sunday evening, I made an enchilada dinner with cherry pie. Sandra, Butch, Ian and Phyllis came over and we played Mexican dominoes. We celebrated Bill's and Phyllis' birthdays. We had just cleaned up when my brother, Roger called. He reported that Galen was in Kaiser Hospital with chest and arm pains. The doctor said that his heart was damaged and that tests will be run. Sunday evening, I was completely exhausted from all of the activity and the family news of the weekend. However, I felt a complete peace because I know that I have a God that is never surprised. He is in control and no matter what happens ...He loves His kids and will take care of us!!

No comments: