Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday, Feb. 6, 2009

This week has gone so fast! I was only away from SEI for 6 weeks (including Christmas holidays), but you would have thought it was a year. The faculty and students gave us hugs and welcomed us back. The Saudi boys even kissed me on both cheeks. That must have been a stretch for them! In the mornings, I teach advanced reading and writing to two Korean boys and a Japanese boy. We are reading the book, "Lorna Doone". It's a love story that takes place in England. During the discussion time, I learned that Choi has fallen in love with another student, Kasumi. They were both at our house for Christmas dinner when the magic happened. I had no idea!! In the afternoon, I teach 3 Saudi boys. Ibrahim is new. He is a 23 year old college graduate. Yesterday, he brought me a whole pound of dates that he brought with him to the US. I think I will have to share! I am so grateful to God that He has given me a job that I really enjoy. Tonight, Bill and I will go out to Red Lobster for dinner. We had planned to go last Tuesday evening, but he felt too tired. Teaching for GCU and for SEI at the same time has been very taxing. The overlap will only last for 3 more weeks.

No comments: