Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday, February 14, 2009


Today is Valentine's Day and it has been a nice week. Jason called as soon as he got word that Galen's surgery went well, and the doctors had to do only 3 by-passes. I was able to talk to Galen on the phone the night before. He was is good spirits as usual. Galen is in St. Bernardine's Hospital in San Bernardino. It is a specialty heart hospital - and a team of 5 doctors performed the surgery in 5 hours. He will be moved out of ICU on Monday and sent to rehab on the 6th floor. I joked that Roger should join him since they are exercise buddies, and he joked back that they could then go to Panera Bread for breakfast. I'm so grateful for friends who have prayed for Galen and our family.

Noel felt bummed that he couldn't take off work to fly to CA, so he drove to Shawnee to be with me and Mom this weekend. He came with Janice, son Mark and his grandson, Hunter.

Last night, our church had a catered dinner for 100 people in the fellowship hall. It was decorated beautifully. Susan (teacher at SEI) and her husband, Al, attended with us. After the dinner, there was a talent show in the auditorium. We laughed and laughed! Bill played a medley of love songs on his wooden recorder. I have a dozen long-stemmed red roses gracing our dining table. I'm enjoying them because I would never buy them for myself!! I love Valentine's Day because it gives me a chance to say, "I love you" to my family and friends! And most of all, "Thank you God for loving me in spite of all my 'goof ups'."

No comments: