Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19, 2009

Family Matters

I talked to Galen on the phone last night. It was the first time since his surgery. He had finally moved from ICU to the rehab floor. He had been walking a bit and felt much stronger. He said he only had a very small scar on his leg where his vein had been removed, and he had no pain. There is an eight inch scar on his chest, but he's feeling like he will be able to take on the world again. He also reported that Kirk preached for him last Sunday. Galen's kids went to the service and were very impressed! They said they could feel the spirit of God. Kirk has been tapped to lead a Cal Baptist team to Vancouver, BC in May.

Kelli has received strong support from her employers, Cornerstone University, regarding her divorce. She has been patient and been through counseling with her husband to no avail. Mayo Clinic has put a name on a mental disorder which describes his behavior. We are all sad, but feel a deep sense of relief. She has been in an emotional prison for too long.

Keri's church asked her to co-lead a team to Israel in May. It's no surprise since she is an expert in world travel arrangements. One of Galen's rabbi friends did some research a few years ago and discovered that our father was not only German, but Jewish. We are from the tribe of Simeon. There is so much prejudice that I don't volunteer that information often.

Dr. Seahorn (a dentist in our church) has recruited Bill to go with him and a team of doctors down the Amazon River in June. After a day of medical work, the group wants Bill to teach the villagers some music. They will take a supply of recorders.

Christians who are THE REAL DEAL are the happiest and most positive people I know. It seems that people without God in their lives are so negative and often have "victim mentalities". Everytime I turn around I hear people whining and complaining. I've been in tough situations before, but it never occured to me to complain or ask for a hand-out. I have cleaned houses, eaten toast for dinner and still enjoyed my life. I had faith that God loved me and would turn my situation around. He did, and today I feel rich!!! I'm so glad that I have had those experiences because I know in my heart that I'm a survivor. I have no fear of the future as long as I am in the hands of God.

No comments: