Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday, May 15, 2009

It seems that I have a new follower. Tyrone, please tell me who you are, and who introduced you to my blog. How did you find my blog?

It is nice to see the sun again after 16 straight days of rain. Last Wednesday night we had a tornado warning for our area. The sky danced with lightening, but it didn't rain hard and there was little wind. It seems that there was action all around us, but gratefully, not in Tecumseh. I was reminded of the scripture that says, "Do not be anxious about anything." The difficulties that come my way are nothing, because I know that God is going to give me the tools to deal with them.

As I drove to school this week, I was thinking about how much I like my job! I always enjoy my classes, and the students are a joy. Teaching part-time is perfect because it gives me time to take care of my personal life. I dropped by to see my mother on Tuesday, and helped her reset her CD player. She had accidentally pushed the radio button and was concerned because she had just ordered several new CDs. We also took time to enjoy her flower garden. It really is beautiful this year.

Keri is on her way to Israel. She and her team will be working at the Nazareth Hospital and attending the Muslim Christian Church. They will also tour the area before returning home.

I am glad that my friend's father is doing much better. I will continue to pray for his comfort.

Noel is hanging in there. If he is not satisfied with the doctor at St. John's, he is considering going to Mayo Clinic in Phoenix for testing on his heart. His pacemaker is not doing its job.

Galen informed the family to go to Citizen Potawatomi Nation Festival website and pre-register for the Bergeron Family Reunion. I noticed that the road to the grounds is being paved. I voted this week for Rocky Barrett to continue as Tribal Chairman. I hear that some tribal members are angry because we don't receive monthly checks. However, I agree that the money should be used for education scholarships, medical, and elderly care. It seems our young want a high lifestyle without working too hard.

No comments: