Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday, May 11, 2009

After a full week of activity, it is wonderful to be teaching part-time once again. I taught my classes and put my mid-session grades on the report cards this morning.

Last Wednesday, I taught a full day of classes and then Bill drove me to the OKC airport to pick up Mom. Her plane from California routed through Denver and was an hour late. I sat and finished another crossword puzzle in my book. On the way home, we stopped at Western Sizzlin for dinner. Mom looked so pretty, and was excited about her trip. Tamra earned the distinction of being the top nursing student at the Cal Baptist graduation. Kirk sent us a video. Tamra will continue working at Riverside Community Hospital where she has been an ER nurse.

Thursday, we went to a "going away" party for our student, Saud, at Anne and Dan's house. Saud came to SEI from another English school and had been a failure. We watched him mature and develope in every way possible this last year. The tears flowed and I know that we will see him back in Shawnee again. Bill and I left the party early because I had to drive over to Sherry's to pick up music for Sunday. One of the songs was a modern arrangement of "How Great Thou Art" .

Saturday morning, I planted more tomatoes and talked to the nurseryman about anti-fungus chemicals for the extra rainy weather. (I'm such a city girl!) I also made a key-lime pie from scratch for my mother. In the afternoon, Bill bought me a new chaise-lounge for the patio. That was my Mother's Day gift. Then, we went to the Hornbeck Theater ($1.50 movies) and saw, "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owens. It was So NOT interesting. I wanted to check out the Hamburger King which has been in Shawnee since 1927. We found it on Main St. and tried out the food. Not bad! Students were there in their prom clothes. Across the street was an artist studio for etching glass. The works are gorgeous!!!

Sunday was so busy I couldn't believe it! I closed my Bible Study class early so that I could run to the Praise Team practice. I played the piano for the service and then realized that we had two students with no place to go for lunch. We put them in the car, picked up KFC, got Mom and headed for home. We were all so starved! Later, Noel arrived from Springfield at 5:30 p.m. Mark came with him. After taking the students back and a quick nap, we drove through Taco Mayo and went to Mom's for dinner. Noel had called from Tulsa and asked me to get him a taco burger. It was relaxing to just sit and talk. We didn't think Noel should make the trip, but just like a Greenwalt - nobody tells Noel what to do!

It really was a great Mother's Day. Kelli had driven to Keri's in Chicago, and they called together. Kirk called from Vancouver BC where he is working for a few weeks. I love all the new family pictures. I'm hoping that everyone can be here for the PowWow the last weekend of June.

No comments: