Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday, May 18, 2009

I taught 3 classes this morning, ate a ham sandwich in the teacher's room and then headed to Ocean Nail Spa. I had a pedicure last week, and it was time for a manicure. I'm blogging while my boneless pork ribs are marinating in barbeque sauce. Now that the sun has come out I want to grill. When Bill finishes at 4 pm we will head over to the pool. We see the same 4 people everyday, so we feel like we have a small club. The pool is quiet, clean and warm. No children are allowed.

I learned today that I am in charge of the school spelling bee this Wednesday. Tony said he would pay me extra if I would do that. When I offered to pick up some prizes, he said they were taken care of (Wal-Mart and Starbucks gift certificates). No problem!

Galen, thanks for googling Tyrone for me. Tyrone, it seems that you are a brother in Christ and interested in growing in your faith. That's a worthy goal!

Yesterday, was Sunday. Our Bible Study lesson was very controversial and interesting. It was about Abigail helping David and his army after her husband refused to help. It was in I Samuel. Wow! There were men and women in the class who really opened up about problems with former spouses. I become extremely uncomfortable with spouses who put each other down publicly. I have observed wives who made fun of their husbands (or complained) in my presence, and I wanted to smack 'em! I don't understand why good men put up with garbage, and vice versa. Fight in private, please.

Three Koreans, and two Japanese students joined us for Sunday worship. Bill played a trumpet arrangement of, "What A Friend". At the end of the service, Larry (our pastor) asked the students to come to the front for prayer as they are going back to their countries for the summer. As usual, they all wanted to go to China Buffet for lunch. After lunch, I drove to my mother's and took her strawberries that I had cleaned, sliced and sweetened.

Today, Sung Yeung gave us a picture with a very nice letter. He said, "Bill, I never fell asleep in your class." "Marti, I loved listening to your voice in your class." That made me laugh! Sung is going to New York for 5 days on his way to Korea. We all hugged and said, "goodbye".

Saturday, was a work day! We planted two rose bushes, scrubbed down both patios, and got out all the patio furniture. Later, we went to the mall and bought summer sandals. Just for fun, I bought some eye liner which I've never worn before! I got Lancome's soft brown shade. Now, I feel like Miss California (I wish!) I'm so proud of this year's Miss California!! When I listened to her side of the story about those published pictures, I became aware of how evil men can be.

No comments: