Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Five Love Languages

I read "The Five Love Languages" again after many years. It is fascinating to know that we show love to others according to our own needs. Many times we "blow it" because we think we are pleasing others - only to find out that we are pleasing ourselves and not the ones we care about. I was also reminded that some people are great at putting on a "show" of love for selfish agendas. After reading this book, my kids went through each member of the family and labeled them. Although we are all a mixture, some people can be labeled more obviously. After understanding the list of 5 love languages, it is important to be aware of others needs and try to meet them.

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Quality Time
3. Receiving Gifts
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch

This is the time of year that I think about the people I love most. Miles separate many of us, but I wish I could communicate my love using all of the 5 love languages!

No comments: