Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This and That

Every week seems busy in different ways. The pool heater was fixed, so Bill and I went back to the fitness center this week. It felt good! While eating a ham sandwich at Subway, Bill read the calorie count on the napkin and became a believer.

Words are so important! A lady at church told me I was beautiful. I got my haircut yesterday so that she wouldn't change her mind! When people say nice things, it makes my whole week! I'm going to try to remember to compliment others more often and be sincere.

Two weeks ago, we hired a company to clean the central ducts in our home. In the process, the technician noted that we have an opening between the foundation and the intake area where dust can come in. I went to the Tribal office to see if I could hire someone to take care of the problem. Bob Carlisle recognized me and asked me to come into his office. He told me that the Tribe has money to winterize member's homes. At that point, he introduced me to the young men who are doing the work and asked if I would be interested. They are coming after school today to look at windows and doors. They will come back on Friday to blow additional insulation into the attic. I have always thought our home was well insulated, but if this will help, I'm for it! I couldn't believe that God had given us such a blessing!

No comments: