Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's Sunday Again!

The older I get, the faster time goes. Friday, I taught classes until 3 p.m. and then drove quickly to the doctor for my 3 month check-up. I had been to the lab the day before so that Dr. Smith could check my numbers. He told me that my report looked good. Then, I asked him about getting an Advance Directive which tells my family what to do about life support. I learned that the Tribe has an office for medical legal issues. I picked up my papers and was told to bring them back next week to be notarized. I will be given a card to carry at all times. Easy!

That evening, Bill and I went to Zocolo's Mexican Restaurant in Tecumseh for dinner. The Christmas lights were up and it put me in the spirit. So...on Saturday morning, we put up our Christmas tree in the family room. I love looking at the lights! Having been in Japan where Christmas is not even on the calendar due to it being a Buddhist country, I get crazy about the season!! After getting the tree up and our household chores finished, we saw the movie, "Julia/Julia. I really enjoy cooking, so I loved the movie!

As usual, we had a great Bible Study this morning! We had one new member, Jason, who is about 35 years old. We are up to 21 members in our class now. We discussed the third chapter of James. It followed what I had been thinking about lately........"Watch your mouth!" Jealousy and the attempt to control not only tears other people down, but is so unattractive. Of course, it is impossible to tame an evil tongue without the spirit of God.

I still think my church is the best on the planet! The music is outstanding. Larry Bouf sang, "Beulah Land" and had us all swaying as he sang. After a sermon on "A grateful heart" the choir practiced for an hour. Since we are using a CD accompaniment, I am singing alto. I have been talked into one of the four solos. I'm singing the second verse to "There's Joy in This Place". It's very bouncy.

On Monday, Nov. 30th, we have been asked to sing at Unity Hospital for their tree lighting ceremony. The choir was very enthusiastic about it! On December 4th, the choir is coming to our house for a potluck and a concert practice. Everyone seemed excited about that as well. There will be about 20 people coming. For the next month, I'll just clean my house every evening and make sure the fridge is stocked! Thank you Lord for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

No comments: