Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend Activities

Saturday was gorgeous! I wore my summer clothes and sandals. I had been waiting for such a day so that we could barbeque the T-bone steaks that I had bought on sale. I picked up Mom, took her on a few errands and then brought her back to our house. She loved it! I also gave her the Gaither music that she had asked me to order for her. When lunch was finished, Mom listened to me practice my violin. She gets tired quickly, so Bill and I took her home and then went to Wal-Mart to do a little Christmas shopping.

During dinner, Kelli called. She has put her 2,500 sq. ft. home up for sale, and is moving into a 3 bedroom condo at the end of the month. Yeah!! She was also excited to tell us about her new position at Cornerstone University. She has been named the new Media Director (radio and television). She will continue writing for public relations, so this will stretch her talents.

I talked to Noel on Saturday. He had gone back to his office on Friday. I couldn't believe it! He said he would have a heart attack for sure if he didn't get some of the work done. (Noel analyzes the legality of accident claims and lawsuits.)

We had 15 in Bible Study class today. The lesson came from the Book of James. The question for the day was, "Does your faith grow when you are faced with the trials of life?" Most people admitted that trials do mature us. During the morning service, we honored 25 veterans. Pastor Larry preached a sobering sermon about the state of the church in America. He pointed to other nations to show how dependence on God diminishes when people put their faith in their goverment. After church, the choir (16 people) practiced for an hour for Christmas. Then, Pete and I practiced with Bill for our special next Sunday. We are both a little nervous because it will be our first time to play our violins at New Beginnings Church. I think people will be shocked because Pete is a quiet 63 year old fellow, but very talented! He was just baptized a few years ago, and is enjoying the Christian life.

No comments: