Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back on Line

Today, I taught my morning classes and then drove to the optometrist. I rushed home after my eye exam to be there when our on-line service man said he would arrive. Well, he had already come and gone. Apparently, he found a severed line outside and had fixed it. Finally!!

Last Friday, Noel and family arrived early in the afternoon. Bill caught my cold, and was not able to accompany me to the party at the Catfish Round-Up, which is 7 miles north of Seminole. I joined the family there at 4:30 p.m. to celebrate Uncle Johnie's 91 rst birthday. (Uncle Johnie looked great!!! ) Gary and Joanna, also joined us from Norman. Our family loves that particular restaurant because they begin the meal with hot apple fritters.

Noel's family had planned to stay until Sunday afternoon, but when it began to rain onSaturday morning, they left for Springfield to avoid the blizzard that was right behind it. They were not successful! They encountered the worst weather in Tulsa. When I called them, they had already seen 7 cars off the road and had watched 3 accidents happen. We were all praying for them! I was so relieved when Noel called and said they had made it home safely.

By Sunday morning, the snow had begun to melt in Shawnee, so we ventured to church. I had 9 students in Bible Study Class. The lesson encouraged us not to demand our "rights" when it may possibly harm another person. As usual, there was lively discussion and several said it was a great class. We weren't sure if we would have enough people to have Easter choir practice, but there were 11 who came, so we practiced. Mom had ice on her sidewalks, and her church canceled.

Monday, I checked on Mom after school, and took her some pie that I had made for Noel's family. I also took her some mango and pina colada tea that we had bought in the Bahamas. She was doing fine.

This is the last week of Session #3 at school, and I am soooo glad! I have been covering for another teacher which has made me full-time for the past 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to being part-time again. The students continue to be wonderful!

We are watching the battle over ObamaCare. It will be very interesting to see what exactly is in that bill. No one really seems to know. And, I frankly do not understand how our government plans to pay for it. I have heard so many different explanations that I'm very confused and will just wait to see how things unfold. I refuse to get upset over it. God is still in control of my life!

No comments: