Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Has Arrived!

The Red Bud trees and the Pear trees are all in bloom. The warm air and the colorful landscape make me smile! I continue to be amazed by the orderliness of God's universe. Today, when I turned the car onto our street, I saw people in shorts and could hear the buzz of a lawnmower. I love it! Kevin, my son-in-law, said that people in California don't appreciate spring like people in other states. (He is from Michigan.) Kevin, you are sooooo right!

Monday, Bill asked me to take a drive to Stillwater, which is about 45 minutes away. We had never eaten at Eskimo Joe's, the famous hangout for OSU students. They also ship clothing around the world. The drive was beautiful - very pastoral and serene, but I was really disappointed by the food! The hamburger was overcooked and dry. I think the cooks were college kids, and the place is really a watering hole.

Tuesday, I taught in the morning, then went grocery shopping. We are having guests for Easter dinner, so I bought a smoked spiral ham and the trimmings. After putting it all away, I met Bill at the pool for an hour of exercise. One of our friends joined us. She is a member of Immanuel Baptist Church and was telling us that on Easter her church is combining their 3 services at Raley Chapel on the OBU campus. The service is from 10 to 11 AM so that people can go home early and enjoy their families. I think that is a wonderful idea! OBU is also hosting an egg hunt for the children ----1,600 eggs will be hidden.

I just finished putting a chicken dinner in the crockpot. Now, I have to put some clothes in the dryer and sweep the patio. Working part-time is great! I've thought about it a lot, and I know I'm not ready to completely retire yet. I'm in good health, and enjoy my students. They keep me young and give me purpose. I tell Bill that I never want him to completely retire. He would drive me nuts! Ha-Ha! We both like our space and can be very independent at times. I think a balance is good.

No comments: