Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday, March 17th

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I learned that St. Pat supposedly ran all of the poisonous snakes out of Ireland. St. Greg's University has an Irish background, so I have been listening to the chimes play Irish music since the beginning of March. It's really very pretty!

Last Friday, I noticed that I was coming down with a slight cold on the plane. I taught my Bible class on Sunday and then came home and went to bed. I am feeling much better today. Sandra, our Dean of Admissions, told Bill to cook for me last night. (You've got to be kidding!) He did take me out for Chinese after I taught a full day of classes, and again I went to bed early. Today, 3 people told me that I looked pretty. That will make anyone feel better!

Today, one of my Chinese students told the class that he can tell the mood of a chef by the food he/she cooks. He had a difficult time explaining that, and I told him to be prepared on Monday to tell me about that subject in English. Later in the day, my Saudi student who has only been in the States for two weeks, showed me on the white board that he now understands the difference between, "Where is he?" and "What is he doing?" It was slow going, but he got it!!! I love teaching!

School is closed now until Monday. Noel called. His family (and Bailey, Janice's father) are coming to visit. We are planning a birthday party for my Uncle Johnny who will be 90 years old. He lives by himself and raises Tennesee Walkers about 10 miles from here. He will tell you very quickly how God has blessed him.

No comments: