Friday, April 2, 2010

It's a Good Friday

This is truly a good Friday! This morning, we had a refreshing thunderstorm. It had passed over Shawnee by noon and the sun came out. My students were wonderful as usual, and my verbal skills class gave interesting presentations. Among other topics, I learned about table tennis training in China, and how to make Sheeq (an Arabic chicken dish).

Dolores (a non-believer) came to teach at our school just a few months ago. She has an autistic daughter who is very challenging and was thrown out of her daycare on Wednesday. Seeing the tears in her eyes, I told Dolores that she could count on me to pray for her situation. Yesterday, she came to my desk, held both of my hands and said, "Thank you!" She explained to me that her family was able to find a training center in Shawnee for her daughter. It's new, and they didn't know about it.

God is answering soooo many prayers! Kelli called yesterday afternoon. She said that she is feeling so much stronger emotionally, and she is enjoying her new promotion at Cornerstone University. She is selling the "mansion", and will be moving into a 3 bedroom condo. I am so proud of her independence.

Yesterday, Dr. Smith took a small mole off of my shoulder. He had to do a great job because 2 girls from OBU's School of Nursing were there to observe. I know the head of the department, so we chatted the whole time.

One of my students asked me what I thought about the year 2012. I laughed and told him that my world would end today if I was in a fatal car accident. I also told him that we should all be ready to die at any moment. That is what Easter is all about! I don't have to worry about my sins or my punishment. Jesus took care of all of that! That could be why Christians are (or should be) the happiest people on the face of the earth! Are you having fun yet? I am!

No comments: