Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Well, I'm still in Tecumseh! Keri called yesterday to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, and it seems her contractions stopped for awhile. That's fine with me because I need to get mid-session grades done today.

Yesterday was an important day at church. We had 14 in Bible Study (3 more members came in for worship with their families from out of state.) I had anxiety about the lesson because it centered on divorce. However, half of us have been divorced, so it became a discussion about when divorce is acceptable, and how the church should view divorce. We all understand the Biblical view, and should focus on forgiveness and moving on as a Christian.

In the worship service, Pastor Larry spoke for about 10 minutes. He let the congregation give praise to God for their mothers. About 20 people stood to speak for one minute. All women received pink roses with babies breath. After church, we picked Mom up at her apartment. She had been to her church and had taught her Bible Study class. As promised, Bill grilled T-Bone steaks fr us. I added baked potatoe, salad and green beans. For dessert, we had Braum's sugar free chocolate pecan ice-cream.

I'm on a diet today because we went to Red Lobster on Saturday. We got our usual - lobster, shrimp and scallops. No dessert!! I have to say that I did celebrate with Dr. Pepper instead of my usual water with lemon. Kirk paid for my dinner. Before going to Red Lobster, we went to Lowe's to get my Mother's Day gift. I got a thick pad for my chaise lounge. I had been many places trying to get a color that would go with our blue and yellow patio furniture. I finally found a yellow. People close to me know that I have to have everything matching at all times or it drives me bonkers!! I would rather do without.

Kelli called. She has been boxing everything to move into her new 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo next weekend. After living in mansions, her kids think it is small. I welcome them to the real world.

This will be an interesting day. Severe weather is expected this afternoon. Oklahoma is not boring at all. You just have to trust God that He is in control, use your common sense and just enjoy! I'm praying for my family and friends to want and let God give them joy in whatever they do today.

No comments: