Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Events

I'm still packed and waiting to go to Chicago. God's timing is always perfect and we cannot always understand His ways until we look back. I know that I was suppose to be in Oklahoma this past weekend because Mom has not felt well in the least. Yeterday, Bill and I stopped by after church with a bucket of KFC. She ate very little and let me do everything. That is not typical!! This morning I called her doctor and asked for a home health nurse to check on her everyday.

Not knowing if I would be in town, I had asked Paul Slone to teach my class on Sunday. There were 15 people, and he did a great job. Of course, people were reporting on the tornado damage, thanking God for safety and the good-hearted people of Tecumseh. We sang, "He is able, more than able to do whatever concerns me today." Pastor Larry (senior chaplain at Unity Hospital) spoke about the Ryder children who were reported to be dead, but are recovering. One of the kids was wrapped in a blanket and in the top of a tree when found. I believe in angels!! Another couple joined our church yesterday. They are 70 years old and just got married. Love has no age!

We enjoyed Noel and Mark over the weekend. (Janice is a manager for job services in Springfield and had to work.) As planned, Bill picked up pizza and brought it to Mom's apartment. On Saturday, Jason dropped by with his wife, Shelly, and Jace and Kylee. Those kids are so cute!!

Bill's class, "A Christian World View" has prompted lots of discussion. It was pointed out that if you believe that God created everyone special with value, then you treat that person with love and respect when they are old, ill, in pain, or challenged. If you do not believe that people are special when they cannot contribute to society, it is easier to kill babies and let senior adults die. Without the spirit of God in my life, I would be extremely selfish and not want to be inconvenienced by other people's problems. What would MY world be like if all of the Christians were taken away?

No comments: