Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday, May 6th

Yesterday, was my Dad's birthday. I've never met a man that I have admired more! I feel like I know what Jesus is like because of my father's example. He was gentle, forgiving, and always positive. If I said anything negative about someone, he would just look at me, smile and encourage me to treat that person with respect and dignity. I also remember Dad saying on several occasions, "If there is no God and I am wrong about the Bible, I have lost nothing. I have lived my life in peace without guilt, and have been very blessed! If I have been right, then I am ready to meet my God and am excited about the next life. I can't lose!" I know without doubt that I will meet my father again. It's impossible to live his life without the power of God.

Life is unpredictable. My brother, David, is on his way to California. The Feds sent him to a halfway house near Galen and Roger. Yeah! We all know that David is very blessed to have a Christian family that will forgive him for what he has done, and do all that is possible to help him back into society. David is an extremely smart talented person.

Yesterday, I bought Mom a gift certificate from her hair dresser. I think we are ready for Mother's Day. I also bought some more summer outfits for Selah and Sofia. It's fun! My mailbox was full of junkmail. I noticed that junkmail comes in official looking envelopes these days. I guess that makes me open it, instead of throwing it away. Interesting! I still have more filing to do to clear my kitchen counter.

I'm still waiting for Baby Sheckler to arrive. We should know this weekend what the doctor is going to do.

1 comment:

STEVEN said...

I sent Uncle David a postcard to Texas just yesterday. Oh, well, what is his new address?