Thursday, October 21, 2010

Anniversary Party with Family

Last Tuesday, I finished my classes and waited for DanRan to check the heating unit in our house. After hearing that everything was in order for winter, I went to Mom's apartment to see Noel, Janice, Mark and Bailey. Mom and Janice were in the middle of a Mexican Domino game, so I sat down and joined them. At 4:30 p.m. we wrapped things up and drove to Delta Cafe for dinner. It was Noel and Janice's wedding anniversary! My cousins, Sharon (from Little Rock) and Susan (from OKC) met us. Bill also drove from school to meet us. We had a good time chatting and swapping stories. I thank God for such a close and loving family. We are all Christians and on the "same page".

Yesterday, I was feeling good about the house being in good shape. And then-----the kitchen sink started backing up after I put some old rice down the garbage disposal. Kelli told me over the phone to put some ice cubes in it frequently to clean the "gunk" out. I guess I should be grateful that I haven't called a plumber since we have lived here - except to check the AC lines.

The new students who gave me so much trouble the first week of this session have turned out to be my best friends! They are very bright, and gave me high marks on the teacher evaluations today! Thank you, God, for being in my classroom everyday!

No comments: