Friday, October 29, 2010

Having Fun!

Yesterday, I had a lot of fun with my classes. I taught them to sing, "Ole MacDonald Had A Farm". The students were hearing it for the first time, and just rolled with laughter! Some pulled out their cell phones so that they could make a video.

In the afternoon, I took some sugar-free lemon cake to Mom. When I arrived, Bea, Shirley and Mom were engrossed in a game of Mexican Train. I joined them for the last 3 rounds. They are a hoot! These ladies play together every Thursday afterrnoon after Mom gets her hair done. I hope to have friends like that if I live to be 87 years old.

Last evening, I cooked an unusual meal (for me). Bill wanted smoked sausages, saurkraut, and mashed potatoes. Bill's mother was full-blood German, and that meal seems to be common in northern Michigan.

Today, our school had a Halloween Party. I didn't dress up, but I did wear my pumpkin necklace that flashes light. Bill always wears his clown wig of many colors. Every year, the students decorate pumpkins with marker pens, eat cupcakes and drink cidar. It's the first Halloween for most of the kids, and they loved taking pictures of each other in costume.

No comments: