Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Warm October

The high today is 85 and expected to go up to 90 degress tomorrow! Yes, that is above average for our area. I really don't mind because the nights are cool. Due to the swing in temperature, several of our students have been suffering with colds. I stocked up on medicines this week and bought Bill some new winter slippers. I feel like a mother squirrel getting her nest ready for the winter months. Maybe I'm just a little bit smarter about winter in Oklahoma than I use to be!

Last week, Bill cleaned the eaves around the house. While on the ladder, he noticed some damage to a patio beam, and the screens. Our friend, David Buoy, is coming out tomorrow to repair and add some skirting to the bottom of the screened patio portion. We are hoping that we don't have to sweep every time Bill mows the lawn.

We just learned that 2 students from Ivory Coast and 4 new students from Saudi Arabia are arriving this weekend. The new Saudis are cousins to the students we presently have. I have already been asked to take these "newbys" under my wing and teach them to read and write. It takes patience, but I have to admit that it is rewarding to see them read their first paragraph and be able to communicate in English. I pray everyday for my classes and know that I must give God the credit when they do well.

No comments: