Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tears and Laughter

It's October, and I have been warned that this is Satan's month to celebrate before the month of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sure enough! I had to deal with a couple of people yesterday who created some very unpleasant situations. Uncle Johnie refused to go anywhere but home in spite of the doctor's warning. ( It reminded me of my mother after her surgery.) I finally told him I would drive him home if he would let me stop and get the food Mom had cooked for him. I drove him the 10 miles into the country and left him after notifying his neighbors and a deacon in his church of the situation. I felt so bad!

Last summer, we cleaned out the cottage and said our goodbyes to neighbors. Yesterday morning, the real estate agent called to say that we have a buyer. It was hard once again especially for Bill.

My day only got worse! I received a call in the evening that my brother, David, has cancer of the esophogus, stomach and intestines. He was in excellent spirits as usual. His doctors want to try some new treatments that are available. My family is praying for God to be glorified in this situation.

Today, Bill and I hosted 16 of our students and another teacher's family at Gliori's Italian Restaurant for lunch. After the meal, they came to our home and played basketball and soccer in the park. At 2:30 p.m. we turned on the TVs in the livingroom and the familyroom so that everyone could watch the OU football game against Texas. OU won! I served ice cream bars and drinks. That was fun!

Kelli is going to Nashville this weekend to teach church journalism to college students. Later in the month, she plans to go up to the cottage and sell the remaining furniture for us. She is looking forward to going up to the North Woods area when the leaves are turning colors.

No comments: