Sunday, October 17, 2010

God Answers Prayer!!!!!

Friday evening, I was asked by Pastor Larry to lead one of several simultaneous prayer groups in our church at Sherry Sparks home. The first thing I noticed when I drove up to her home was a political sign. I was taken back because the sign advertised one of the fellows that I had met at our Frontier Days Parade. He was also the one that could not tell me about his spiritual life. He just wanted to babble on about his grandmother's faith. Upon entering Sherry's house, I asked her if she knew something about this guy that I didn't know. She smiled, and said, "Yes!" The politician had gone door to door and talked to Sherry. She mentioned my encounter with him at Frontier Days. He said that he remembered me very well. Our conversation had bothered him so much that he went to church the next Sunday, and "got right with God". Sherry couldn't wait to tell me!

Saturday afternoon, Bill and I saw the movie, "Secretariat" . Great movie! (Especially, if you like to hear the Edwin Hawkins singers do "Oh Happy Day". When we returned home from the movie, there was a message on the phone that my brother, David had tried to call. I returned the call. He said he had some very good news! (I needed some good news!) Doctors had sent samples of David's cells to a lab to see what stage his cancer was in. The lab called the hospital to say THEY ARE NOT CANCER!! Yeah, God!

This morning, my Bible Study group studied the uniqueness of Jesus Christ. In all history, you cannot find anyone like Him. One either believes He is the Son of God, or you have to say that He is the biggest liar that ever lived. Mike Taylor preached a similar message in our worship service. His main point was that everyone uses faith in their daily lives. We CAN believe if we want to. People simply choose not to believe so that they won't be accountable, or because they don't want their friends or family to be accountable. Bill played, "He Was There All the Time" on his trumpet and I accompanied on the piano during the offertory. After worship, we had Christmas Choir practice. We now have 18 members singing. The musical is, "A Love to Save the World". It's a mixture of traditional and modern music. My favorite is "O Come Let Us Adore Him" in black gospel style.

Bill and I are emotionally tired this week. After two failed attempts to sell the cottage, it seems to be selling. Keri and Kelli have been working with us to move the last of the furniture. It's heart wrenching for all of us to see the cottage go. I still get so emotional and cry whenever I have to say good-bye to things and people I love. I'm so glad I have Jesus. He will never leave me, nor forsake me!

No comments: