Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sad Week

One of my colleagues was very excited about the birth of a second daughter last Monday. His wife had a planned C-section. Without any indication that anything was wrong, the baby was born dead. It was full-term, so a funeral is planned for tomorrow. Our faculty is a "family", so we collected money to help out. Fortunately, the couple who lost the baby has a strong faith, and are trusting God to see them through this tragedy. They have chosen not to be bitter, and to look forward to the day when they will see their little girl in heaven.

Bill and I signed the closing papers for the cottage yesterday. It was like a funeral for Bill. He had spent every summer of his life at that cottage. Like everything in our lives, things change. We move on, but we never forget. I have been reminded that I should not become too attached to earthly, material things. Bill didn't feel hungry last night, so I made him a cherry pie from scratch. He ate two pieces!

I have been watching the upcoming elections very closely. Somehow, I don't think the Republicans or anyone else are going to be able to turn this country around very quickly. So much damage has been done. I also know that we are getting closer everyday to the end times that are talked about in the Bible. The majority of the younger generation does not honor God, are financially irresponsible and don't have any desire to be independent. They rather like being taken care of by other people (especially the government). That sets us up for the 666 to take over. This just indicates that the Bible is true. I'm not afraid! I know the end of the story!

No comments: