Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, March 23, 2009


Weekend in Springfield

After several days of fighting a cold and continuing to teach my English classes, I was ready for a respite! I talked to Keri on Wednesday evening before we left for Springfield. Little did we know that she would have a miscarriage this past weekend. Yes, she and Kevin are disappointed, but I am always impressed by the peace that God gives believers when tradgedy strikes. I remember my father saying that if he found out that there was no God and that he had spent his life preaching an empty Gospel, he would live his life as a Christian anyway. He said the alternative was so depressing! The older I get, the more I observe that what he said is correct.

Bill and I arrived in Branson on Thursday evening and checked in at Marriotts Fairfield Inn. I was so excited to see a Bob Evans Restaurant. We don't have one in Shawnee area. We were prepared to spend the weekend at St. John's Hospital. However, Noel's new heart doctor tweaked his pacemaker and he's feeling so much better!!! Friday morning, I enjoyed the warm jacuzzi and read my new book, "What In the World Is Going On" by Dr. David Jeremiah. NY Times best selling author. Friday night, Noel and Janice got a hotel in Branson and went with us to the Grand Country Music Hall. The band was fantastic! I really enjoyed the fiddlers playing, "Orange Blossom Special". The singers were great on the 50's and 60's songs, but I felt like they were all show biz, and no heart when they sang the Gospel numbers. We had planned to go to Silver Dollar City on Saturday, but it rained. We decided to go to the Factory Outlet and shop. By noon we were ready to go back to Springfield. We stopped to see Janice's mother and father in Nixa. They have a massive stone fireplace that we enjoyed. Bailey was my Dad's deacon in California before they retired in Missouri. They are like family to me! On Sunday, we went to Noel's church. They sang, "God Be With You Till We Meet Again." It stunned me!! I wondered what the meaning of that song was -----who is leaving me????

Yesterday, the pastor spoke about man's nature resisting God. We don't want to believe in God because we know that we deserve judgement. He went on to speak about God continually seeking us because He loves us soooo much! It's hard to imagine that God can love us when we don't even love ourselves! God didn't send His Son to judge us, but to take our place in judgement. About three years ago, I listened to a speaker talk about the enormity of God's love. I realized that I had not fully comprehended God's love for me! I'm still trying to take it in.

No comments: