Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday, March 9, 2009

God Cares About My Car

While opening my car door at an ATM machine, a gust of wind caught the door and slammed it into the bank wall. I didn't see any obvious damage so drove off. Later, I noticed a popping sound when I opened the door. The lining near the window was pulling apart due to a very slight dent. Last Monday, I drove to the Toyota dealer in Norman by myself. I was told that I needed a new door, (mucho dinero) and that they didn't do bodywork. I thanked them, and then asked God why I had driven all that way from Tecumseh. My friend, Butch Bradley, gave me the name of a friend who does bodywork in Shawnee. Today, I drove by after school to get an estimate. I asked God to please make it under $200. A huge guy with sandy colored curly hair took a look at the door. He held the door with one hand, and started pounding on the frame with his other hand. In one minute he had it straightened perfectly and told me that it would seal with the onset of warm weather. I was in awe!!! He assured me that I owed him nothing but a handshake. Thank you, God! Sometimes I have to wait and be patient, but you always come through!!!

No comments: