Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday, March 5, 2009


Yeah! Galen is home from the hospital. A home health nurse will come to his house for awhile to check his blood levels to make sure it is not too thin or too thick. Thank you, Lord!

I have been asked to teach 4 classes again this session at SEI. From 10:00 AM to Noon, I am teaching a new "preemie". Nasser is 18 years old and very brilliant. He would like to be a doctor in the future, and I think he can! I also have 3 other Saudi boys - 17, 18 and 23 years old. I teach these students from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. We are struggling with count and non-count nouns at the moment. They are all coming for dinner next week. They think I'm wonderful at the moment. What they will think when I tell them that I'm part Jewish!! That ought to be fun!

It was 84 degrees today. It feels like spring and I love it! Bill and I have begun cleaning. He polished all the wood in the house - cabinets, baseboards etc. I dusted blinds and furniture. We want to buy an air filter for the house. We bought some 3M filtrete filters for the central air system as well. Oklahoma is windy!

Sandra and Butch Bradley gave us a gift certificate (late b-day gifts) for the movies. We saw, "Gran Torino" with Clint Eastwood. Earlier, we saw, "Slumdog Millionaire". Both movies centered around specific ethnic groups and their cultures. Really good!

No comments: