Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday, March 29, 2009

The weather has been so beautiful, that the snow flurries this weekend were a real surprise! We had planned a potluck party at our house on Friday night, but didn't know if anyone would venture out. There were 7 of us in spite of the inclement weather. I made salad and enchiladas. Others brought chili, chips, and several desserts. We turned on the gas logs and played games. Everyone really enjoyed playing Gestures. The women beat the men. Yeah! I had invited my mother to come, but she didn't feel like coming.

Thursday evening, SEI held a potluck dinner for teachers, students and homestay parents. I made a large potatoe casserole. There was absolutely nothing left in my dish! We have 7 Saudi boys as students. They keep me laughing and I have enjoyed them so much! Fahhad keeps telling me that his father is sending me a ticket to come visit. I'm not real sure about that one!! His father is a sheik who raises camels and deals with oil, so I know it would be very interesting. Last week, I was kissed on the top of my head. I know that means I am like a "mother", and I felt honored. I continually pray that God will give me wisdom as I teach these international students - not only to impart English, but to be a friend who represents America well.

No comments: